Tuesday, February 10, 2009

A Busy February

Another busy month for the Jackson family. Phil has been working at Asset Builders up in Draper and Instant Info on  UVU campus. He's also painting a lot for all of his classes!  He's really excited because of his early birthday/valentine's day present. I got him a Wacom tablet to help him with his assignments.  He's also excited that we got a new car, which happens to be his dream car.  A 2009 Honda Civic (steely gray). 
I started my labor and delivery unit for my clinical rotation and saw babies being born for the first time.  It was incredible!  I'm going to American Fork Hospital where most women who want to have a natural birth go.  Even though AF is known for natural births, I was amazed at how many women simply let the doctor tell them what to do. I've learned listening to the doctor is not always the best. I really enjoy L&D and could see myself working as a doula, L&D nurse, or nurse midwife because I like the idea of helping women have the best birth experience. I think Phil is on his guard that I might like this subject too much. Maybe he should be a little nervous.
One thing we're both looking forward to is our weekend vacation to Cedar Falls. This may be the last time we visit my childhood home, so I'm sure we'll make many nostalgic trips throughout the weekend. We both need a break from our pretty hectic life!

1 comment:

Margie Quilter said...

I hope you don't mind I follow your blog... afterall we are cousins now! Hope you guys are doing well!! We need to have a cousin party sometime!!

<$blogtitle$> <$BlogDescription$> <$blogitemtitle$> <$BlogDateHeaderDate$> <$BlogItemBody$> <$BlogItemControl$> 



 © 2006 <$BlogTitle$> | Blogger Templates and GeckoandFly.
No part of the content or the blog may be reproduced without permission. 
Learn how to Make Money Online at GeckoandFly | First Aid and Health Information at Medical Health <$blogitemtitle$> <$BlogItemBody$> This entry was posted on <$BlogDateHeaderDate$> at <$BlogItemDateTime$>. You can skip to the end and leave a response. <$BlogItemControl$> « Home | Next » At <$BlogCommentDateTime$>, <$BlogCommentAuthor$> said... <$BlogCommentBody$>   <$BlogCommentDeleteIcon$> » <$BlogItemCreate$> Web This Blog author <$BlogOwnerAboutMe$> View my profile navigations Gecko & Fly Make Money Online Blogger Templates Internet Marketing archives <$BlogArchiveName$> credits